STPs were created to bring local health and care leaders together to plan around the long-term needs of local communities.
In some areas, STPs have evolved to become ‘integrated care systems’, a new form of even closer collaboration between the NHS and local councils. The NHS Long Term Plan set out the aim that every part of England will be covered by an integrated care system by 2021, replacing STPs.
UHY Consultancy UK have been involved with STPs since their inception and advocate collaborative working between organisations. Our team are able to recognise the benefits for provider and commissioner, and remove traditional barriers to service change. We have worked with a number of systems, providing;
- production of STP Financial Plans;
- completion and co-ordination of various submissions required by regulators;
- acting as the STP Finance lead;
- financial modelling and scenario analysis;;
- supporting the development of system financial models and system demand and capacity models;
- leading multi-agency programmes to improve care pathways for service performance and financial benefits.